Wow, what a turnout! Our Women in Business Conference hosted at Mantarays Beach Resort was a roaring success on Wednesday last week with 45 women joining us for the 2-hour conference and 35 for the delectable long table lunch. It was truly inspirational to see women of all ages, business types, stages and stages of businesses attend. The place was filled with self-reflection, laughter, warmth and an abundance of support for one another.
Our amazing presenter Tenille Bentley introduced the group to a few minutes of sound therapy to set the scene for the session, followed by some incredible insights into understanding the ‘Confident Beautiful Me’.
Confidence – Having a Voice, Self Worth For Women.
- The competency & likability dilemma – watch the below TED talk for a summary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYyBqs_x044
- Who are you when nobody is looking? When someone is looking and when you are stressed?
- We have more than 70K thoughts in one day, more than 95% of these get carried over and if left to their own devices very quickly becomes a habit. We can break this simply by taking 10mins in the morning (yoga, walk, quiet time) to reset this carryover and create a new reality.
- Thoughts – To develop a good attitude toward the world in general—each of us must first develop a good attitude toward ourselves
- Thoughts become feelings – Our feelings are the internal GPS of what thoughts we are having.
- Feelings become action – Our feelings drive the action we decide to take, like the steering wheel in a car.
- Actions become results – Our environment, the world we’ve created around ourselves, is really a mirror of our attitudes
Assertiveness without Ego Tips
- Assess – Understand your style before you begin making changes.
- Practice Saying No – If you have a hard time turning down requests, try saying, “No, I can’t do that now.”
- Using I Statements – Using “I” statements lets others know what you’re thinking or feeling without sounding accusatory. Instead of YOU.
- Use Body Language – The Power Stances – Preparing the Mind before meetings.
Getting assertive. Make regular eye contact. Maintain a neutral or positive facial expression. Don’t cross your arms or legs. Dog/Cat analogy.
- Start Small – At first, practise your new skills in situations that are low risk. (Partner, friends) assess
- Rehearse – Practice out loud, in the car, in front of the mirror, write it out.
Keep Emotions in Check – if you feel you are going to get emotional pause and breathe
Self Care Tips
- Start the morning without a device
- Become the observer of yourself after every interaction – what do you notice?
- Take 30mins to decompress after work
- Connect with Nature
- Find your Tribe
Post Event Options – Where to Next?
Guided Meditations & Mindful Music link – https://www.tenillebentley.com/albums
Business Coaching & Support with Tenille – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Emotional Literacy & Mindfulness Academy for Kids – www.emotionalliteracyacademy.com